Who is on the Governing Body?
Currently the Tanbridge House School Governing Body comprises of 15 governors and one associate member.
Two parent governors elected by parents and carers
One staff governor; Headteacher, one teaching member of staff, (elected by staff)
Ten community governors (appointed by the governing body)
Local Authority Governors
One Local Authority governors (appointed by the Local Authority)
Each governor serves a 4 year term of office except for the Headteacher who holds office for as long as they are in post.
Day-to-Day Governor Activity
- Budget setting
- Target setting
- Committees: Well-being, Resources, Teaching & Learning
- Sub Committees: Pay and Performance, Health & Safety
- School links – Governors focus on school priorities and target specific subjects of interest reviewing compliance and supporting their development
- Interviews – A governor attends every interview for teaching staff
- Training – Our link governor ensures that all governors are taking advantage of training courses