Welcome to Inclusion!
You can find out more about Inclusion and the work we do within this section of our website.
More information will be added as we start to build up this area - please check back soon for more updates.
Information for prospective/new THS parents and students
Local Support and Information
There are no documents to display at present.
In case you aren’t already aware the Compass Card scheme is for children and young people with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities living or going to school in West Sussex.
About the Compass
- The Compass scheme is run in West Sussex and Brighton and Hove by the charity Amaze. It includes the West Sussex Disability Register (a statutory duty for WSCC) and a free leisure discount card for all children and young people on the Register.
- The Disability Register is for 0 to 25 year olds who have an EHCP (Education Health Care Plan) in school/college or are eligible for DLA/PIP. Other children and young people, who have a disability that has a major effect on their daily living, may also be eligible. Data from the Register is used to inform and shape SEND services.
- When families register (for free) on the Compass scheme they receive a discount card giving access to leisure activities for local disabled children and young people (at 300+ venues in non-Covid times). It Gets Me Out, an independent evaluation of the West Sussex Compass Project by the University of Brighton in May 2020, demonstrates that the Compass Card significantly improves children and young people’s physical fitness, mental health, and confidence.
Our current situation
- We need more children and young people with SEND represented on the disability register so that their voices are heard and needs are ‘counted’ by service providers and commissioners as they are making tough budget decisions in coming months. The Compass currently records 40% of those CYP eligible to be registered.
- We can produce reports across a range of data areas, e.g. school, disability type, care needs, services families currently receive/feel they need, siblings/family situation, housing type, diversity profile etc.
- With times being so tough and thresholds to access services increasingly high, the Compass provides a great universal ‘health and wellbeing’ offer, when organisations may otherwise struggle to identify other services to refer SEND families too.
Please contact Amaze for more information.
Tel: 01273 234020. Mob: 07484 051755
For independent information, advice and support, please contact the Amaze helpline on 01273 772289 or email@example.com
West Sussex Parent/Carer Forum
There are no upcoming events
â€‹For more information see: