Quick Links

Useful Links

GSO Test

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find information about Inset Days and term dates?

The latest information regarding term dates and Inset Days can be found on our Term Dates webpage. We often communicate key dates such as INSET days via SchoolComms and on our social media channels (Twitter and Instagram)

 Where can I find a current uniform list?

You can find an up to date uniform list on our Uniform and Basic Standards webpage. All new starters also receive a copy of the uniform list in their ‘Information for New Starters’ Booklet, which is sent out to all new starts in March and given to all in-year admissions before they start at THS.  A uniform list is also in the Student Planner.

What after-school activities can my son/daughter take part in?

We run a wide range of extra-curricular clubs and activities which take place during break times and after school. You can find a full list of clubs, as well as weekly sports fixtures, on our Extra-Curricular webpage. Please ensure your child checks with the member of staff running the club for any cancellations or changes.

What is the earliest time my child can arrive at school?

Students are expected to arrive on site from 8.30am and we run a formal supervision programme from 8.25am. We understand that some parents may require an earlier arrival time for their children. Therefore, students can come onto the school site (but not into the buildings) from 8am but all parties should be aware that this is done at entirely their own risk.

Where can I find information about upcoming school trips?

Letters about trips are generally sent to you via email or given to your child to take home. Key trip dates are also available on our School Calendar. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, we recommend that you contact your child's Tutor or Subject Teacher.

How do I report an Absence?

Please report any absence from school via our 24 hour absence line on 01403 248111.  For further information about our absence procedures and policies, please see our Absence webpage.

What are your policies/procedures for absences during term time?

From September 2013 the Department of Education have amended the Education (Pupil Registration) (England) regulations 2006, removing the reference to ‘family holiday’ and ‘extended leave’ as well as the statutory threshold of 10 days.  The amendments make it clear that Head Teachers may not grant leave of absence during term time unless there are ‘exceptional circumstances’.

For further information about our absence procedures and policies, please see our Absence webpage.

What is a target grade? What is a Performance Review? What are CATs?

We understand that it can take a little while to get to grips with the different terms that are used throughout secondary school! We have worked with our Parent Forum group to create a guide (Useful Terms Explained) to some of the most common terms that parents/carers will come across at Tanbridge House School.

I am having problems using ParentPay - who should I contact?

Please contact the school on 01403 263628 or email office@ths.uk.net and we will direct your query to the most suitable member of staff. 

When is your Open Evening?

Please check our Key Dates and School Calendar pages for details of our upcoming events, including Open Evening, which usually takes place towards the end of September. 

Can I visit the school before/after Open Evening?

Year 6 Transition School tours usually take place throughout October, following our Open Evening. 

Appointments can usually be booked during our Open Evening or by telephoning 01403 755983 or emailing transitions@ths.uk.net.  For visits for In Year Admissions, please telephone 01403 755983 or email office@ths.uk.net.

How do I apply for a place at Tanbridge House School?

Admissions are dealt with directly by the Local Education Authority (West Sussex County Council). We have provided some information about this process on our Admissions page. However, all enquiries should be directed to the West Sussex County Council Pupil Admissions Office. Call 0845 075 1007 or email admissions.north@westsussex.gov.uk.

I am moving to Horsham and would like to apply for a place in Year 8 - 11. How can I do this?

Admission enquiries and applications for school places outside the primary school transfer process should be directed in the first instance to the Local Education Authority (West Sussex County Council).  This includes queries regarding Appeals, Waiting Lists and Catchment Areas. We have provided some information about this process on our Admissions page.

How can I find information about your support for children with Special Educational Needs?

We believe all Tanbridge House School students should have access to a broad and balanced curriculum. We support and adhere to West Sussex policies on educational inclusion and make appropriate provision for all students who require Learning Support and those with Special Educational Needs. You can find relevant policies on our Policies webpage.  If you would like any further information we recommend that you contact the school or the Leader of Inclusion.

What are the school bus routes and timetables?

Information about buses can be found through West Sussex County Council. Bus passes are applied for through the County Transport Office (01243 753530) and sent to the school within the first few weeks of the Autumn Term.