Is my child eligible?
From 1 April 2018, free school meals in all West Sussex maintained and free schools and academies are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
A number of pupils will also be protected against losing their current free school meals. You can find more information on GOV.UK.
If you feel you meet any of the criteria above, please follow the link below and complete an application for Free School Meals. This can be done online or by downloading the relevant form. Please see https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/education-children-and-families/schools-and-colleges/free-school-meals/